You are not able to close the activity Create New Country Version without performing Fine Tuning.
Buisness Requirement:You do not want to use this activity and hence you need to close this activity to Go-Live or remove it from your project.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter.
- Select the Implementation Project view.
- Select First Implementation Project and Open Activity List.
- Search the Activity Create New Country Version.
- Select Close option under Change button.
- The error message appears: Activity Create New Country Version cannot be closed, you must perform the activity first.
- When you select Remove Project from Scope, error message appears: Activity Create New Country Version is mandatory and cannot be removed from Project.
1. The activity Create New Country Version is flagged with activity type Create in standard By Design system. Hence, it can only be closed if fine-tuning has been created.
2. The activity type is also marked Mandatory, hence it cannot be removed from the project.
Therefore, the observed error message is justified.
The activity is related to the scoping question Do you want to use the generic country version for Expense and Reimbursement Management? Once you check this scoping question, it is mandatory to provide Fine Tuning.
If no generic country version is desired this scoping question could be switched-off. This will remove the activity from the list.
Hence, either you need to switch-off the mentioned scoping question or maintain Fine Tuning in the corresponding activity.
Path to switch-off the scoping question:
1. Go to Business configuration workcenter.
2. Select Implementation Project view.
3. Select First Implementation project and Edit Project Scope.
4. Navigate till Questions step and select Travel and Expenses .
5. Open Expense and Reimbursement Management.
6. Select Expense Reporting.
7. Deselect question Do you want to use the generic country version for Expense and Reimbursement Management?
KBA , expense and reimbursement management , create new country version , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To