You are not able to add a product to an invoice schedule in a contract.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Contracts view.
- Click on the New button and select the Contract option.
- Enter all respective details.
- Navigate to the Items tab
- Add a material (item Type Product – contract).
- Navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select the Invoice Schedule sub tab.
- Click on the Edit Invoicing Time Frame button.
- Add Invoicing Time Frame XYZ (XYZ represents the name of the invoicing time frame).
- The material does not appear in the the section Available Items for XYZ Timeframe and you can not add the material to the invoice schedule.
Product items (item type Product – contract) in contracts have to be consumed in a sales order delivery and invoicing process is always done via the sales order and hence it is not possible to add a product with the item type Product – contract in an invoice schedule of a contract.
Please note that in a sales order you are only able to add an invoice schedule for a product with the item type Products - project based. However, since product items in a contract have to be consumed in a sales order as Product - delivery-based it is not possible to use products with item type Products - project based in a contract and hence the product in a contract cannot be added in an invoice schedule of a sales order either.
This is the expected system behaviour.
2527657 - Product is not Added in Sales Order created with Reference to a Contract
KBA , migration of contract , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To