- An amount or quantity key figure is defined with data type FLTP
- When activate the key figure, a warining is raised: "Rounding inaccuracies occur with data type FLOAT for AMOUNT and QUANTITY" (R7B 136)
- When check data in transaction LISTCUBE with DB aggregation, the FLTP key figure value has some deviation when run the data selection multiple times.
The deviation could be:
The last digits has different values for a big number.
A value should get 0, but get very small float number with different deviation back.
- When the FLTP key figure is used in a planning scenario, very small key figure values that are not initial, such as -1.9876543209999999E-300, can generated from reverse postings. When compress cube with zero elimination, such small numbers can't be removed.
- If a FLTP key figure is used in a planning query as the reference of disaggregation, some extreme big values are got as the result. Because the norminator is a very small number, the value to be disaggregated is divided by this very small number and then allocated to each record.
The query gets 0 as disaggregation result due to data overflow and an information is displayed:
Number entered for xxx has too many digits (BRAIN 217)
- Release independent
SAP NetWeaver all versions
R7B136, BRAIN217 , KBA , BW-BEX-OT-OLAP , Analyzing Data , BW-PLA-IP , Integrated Planning , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.