Is it possible to use PEP to ensure that the carried over balance is used and approved by a certain date in the following period?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
PEP rule configuration carries over a max limit of 5 days.
The customer wants to ensure that these 5 days are used in the first 6 months of the following period, for example by the 30/06/2020.
This requirement is not yet fully supported.
That would mean, the carry forward balance would have an "as until date". But each posting on the time account is always valid for the whole bookable period, independently from the posting date.
Workaround for customers who want to achieve this:
Use an Adhoc time account type to store the carry over balance, because only with adhoc accounts you can define a shorter period than one year (example 1st Jan - 31st March).
To achieve this requirement, you can assign the Adhoc time account type to the same "Annual Leave" or relevant time type on user's Time Profile.
- Use Case: There are 15 days of balance left on the Annual Leave 2020 time account. You want the 15 days to be carried over into next year, but ensure they are used within the first 3 months of the year.
1. Create a custom field on the time account object via Configure Object Definition such as"balanceAtAccountClosing"
2. Create an Interim Account Update rule for your standard Annual Leave time account type (see screenshot below) which calculates the balance remaining on old account, & saves this value on the custom field. Then deduct this value from the old time account to leave a balance of zero:
3. Create the Adhoc Time Account Type Via Manage Data. Please see Implementation Guide for more details on Adhoc Time Accounts: Implementation Guide
4. Create another Interim Account Update rule & assign to the Adhoc time Account type, which uses a lookup the custom field BalanceatAccountClosing value to post this to the new Adhoc time account type:
5. Assign this Adhc time account type to the relevant Annual Leave Time Type on the Time Profile
6. Manually create a time account via Manage Data > Create New > Time Account for the adhoc time account type defining the bookable period as needed (3 months if that is the timeframe users have to use the balance) See Section in implementation guide for Creating of Adhoc Time Account: Implementation Guide
7. Run the interim account update calendar for annual leave account to deduct balance on old account.
8. Run the interim account update calendar for the Adhoc Time Account type to transfer the remaining balance to Adhoc time account.
Note: If you need to cap the carry over amount, for example if only max. 5 days for example should be carried over, then the interim update rule on the ad hoc time account type needs to be adjusted accordingly. See Implemenation Guide for more details on Capping Accruals: Capping Accruals Based on Balance Limit
See handbook for more details on Transferring balance between different time account types: Best Practice Tip: Period-End Processing - Transferring Balances Between Accounts
For controlling balance on standard time accounts you can use the interim update rule if requirement is to ensure a balance is used by a certain date during an accrual period.
For example: Users accrue 1 day per month, and they want to ensure this day is used within the following 60 days.
You would need to manually run an interim calendar every 60 days, where the interim rule assigned checks if the day posted has been used, and if not, deduct the one day.
PEP, carry over limit, use balance by a certain date, accrual limit, ECT-91440 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-RUL , TAT Rules, Validation & Take rules , Problem