The import tool performs three categories of validations with respect to an offer detail template: Against all active job requisition, job application and other offer detail templates. Currently all validations performed against other templates will be shown only as a "Warning". This is to ensure backward compatibility.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Provisioning > Import/Update/Export Offer Detail Template
- Import a new Offer Detail Template
- The system will display warning messages
System is validating the configuration of the newly uploaded template.
The list of validations performed includes the following:
- Field Type Mismatch
- Consider we have a field, "Country" that is defined as type "text" in the Offer Detail Template. However, the field is being referred from the Application XML where it is defined as type "picklist". This leads to a mismatch in types. This will make the offer field, "Country", to appear as text (showing the picklist id) in the offer screen.
- Missing Fields
- If the Offer Detail template is having some fields that refer to a job requisition template or job Application, and the field is not available in the referring template, this could lead to errors.
- Check for mismatch in Required attribute values
- Some fields might be defined as Required in the Offer Detail Template (required="true") while in the referring template it might be defined otherwise.
- Validation of Standalone fields across multiple Offer Detail templates
- This includes validation of one offer detail template against all the other active offer detail templates. Consider that we have two offer detail templates. Consider that we have two offer detail templates with each having a field "customPicklist4" of type picklist. Ideally, these fields should remain identicalin both the templates.
- Having the same fields (type picklist) defined in the two templates with different labels would possibly cause issues especially while creating ad hoc reports. For instance, while creating an ad hoc report, it will take either of the labels, most probably the one that is defined first. However, the values will be populated for both the fields.
- Check for unsupported fields
- Only certain field IDs may be referenced from the Requisition or Application XML. There are some fields that are not supported in the offer detail template (for example, filter1 from Requisition).
2644111 - Check Tool: Using Check Tool in Recruiting Management
2345268 - Offer Detail - Implementation Tips & Tricks from Support - Recruiting Management
Offer, Detail, Upload, Provisioning, Validations , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , How To