This document describes the best practices for promoting BI Platform content using the Promotion Management Wizard (PMW) tool, including:
- What is the Promotion Management Wizard?
- How to promote thousands of objects across between BI 4.x environments
- Promotion Management Wizard best practices
- Troubleshooting Promotion Management Wizard
- Promotion Management Wizard limitations
- Promotion: to copy / transfer content (e.g. users, folders, reports and dependencies) between BI 4.x environments
- Source: content is promoted FROM this environment
- Target: content is promoted TO this environment
- Life Cycle Management (LCM): generally refers to this type of functionality
- Promotion Management: generally refers to this type of functionality; also, the name of a web-based tool with similar functionality (in the Central Management Console)
- LCM CLI (Life Cycle Management - command-line interface): a separate tool with similar functionality
- LCMBIAR (Life Cycle Management Business Intelligence Archive Resource): standardized archive file type, supported for use across all PM (LCM) tools. In place of direct ("live CMS to live CMS") promotions, content can be exported to / imported from LCMBIAR files
- Promotion Management Wizard is available starting BI 4.2 SP05+ & 4.3+
- PMW can be used to promote across same vesion or lower BI 4.x versions [ eg: 4.2x to 4.2x or 4.1x to 4.2x].
- All supported Windows & Linux Operating environments.
bip bi 4.x 4.* 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 bi4.x bi4.x bi4.* bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 bi4.3 sp05 bilcm bpkba , KBA , bpkba , bilcm , 4.2 , sp5 , promotion , pmw , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.