When opening a Return in the Service Orders Workcenter, an error message is triggered: 'Item YYY (where YYY stands for the respective line item) Address inconsistent for party Ship-To ABC' (where ABC is the Ship-To party).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders Work Center.
- Select the Returns View.
- Show All Returns, find XXX (where XXX stands for the Return in question) and press Go.
- Highlight Return XXX and press Edit.
You can see an error message; 'Item YYY (where YYY stands for the respective line item) Address inconsistent for party Ship-To ABC' (where ABC is the Ship-To party).
This is an issue caused by changes in the Address Postal Code Check Rule. The Postal Code Check was not active before this time and now it is mandatory. This affects Business Documents with addresses which do not meet the new rule and hence become inconsistent.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Select the Overview View.
- Search for the Configuration Element Countries.
- Click on Open Countries.
- Press Edit countries.
- Filter for country DEF (where DEF means the Country in question).
- Click on Postal Attributes tab.
- Remove the flags for Print Country Name in Foreign Address and Street Address Postal Code Required.
- Click Save and close.
Then, finish and post all affected Business Documents and revert back the Business Configuration by setting the flags again, once you are finished.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To