You want to prohibit some actions to be performed by your end users, such as: Download the result content of a query executed in the UI, Add Fields function, send out a query result list via e-mail or even export the report content in excel mode.
In order to achieve this, you have activated the Configure Actions in Business Configuration as well as check the Hidden box for some of the Actions available in the Configure Actions screen.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Common Task view.
- Click on Configure Actions.
- For the Hidden column, check the box for each of the actions you want to hide for user visibility.
By considering the example where you want to suppress or hide the export button from a particular work center:
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Sales Leads work center view.
- Run the query for all Sales Leads.
- Click on the Action button (cogwheel icon).
- Click on the Export to Excel option.
Once you have hidden the Microsoft Excel and Download options via Configure Actions, you now expect to have this function not enabled for end users.
This feature is exclusively designed for Analytics, which means you can configure what actions the users can perform only while viewing data in reports and not in the application work centers.
You should not expect to hide any of the actions described before for end users, applicable also for Application Work Centers and views, it is restricted to reports usage only.
Configure Actions, Hide , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To