How you can set the number format for each value in the variable pay calculation?
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay
The precision of the Variable Pay calculations are highly dependent on the number formats you choose, because many results are the product of several numbers. To set your number formats go to your template's Plan Setup > Settings > Set Number format Rules.
Considerations are as follows:
- Custom percentage columns will not show percentage symbols in formatting
- The greater number of decimals displayed, the greater overall precision of the calculation. This can be compounded as the Variable Pay module rounds at each step of the calculation. As such, you may wish to have different formats for individual elements versus the total payout element
- After setting your formats you will then assign a format to each field under "Design Worksheet > Set Number Formats"
To format numbers rounded to the left of the decimal point, type in "#,###" in the "Format" field. Then select the desired value in the "Mode" dropdown box. Please note that only the Final Salary can be rounded in this way.
To format numbers with decimal point, include the following digit placeholders in a section. If a number has more digits to the right of the decimal point than there are placeholders in the format, the number rounds to as many decimal places as there are placeholders. If there are more digits to the left of the decimal point than there are placeholders, the extra digits are displayed. If the format contains only number signs (#) to the left of the decimal point, numbers less than one begin with a decimal point.
- # (number sign) displays only significant digits and does not display insignificant zeros.
- 0 (zero) displays insignificant zeros if a number has fewer digits than there are zeros in the format.
To display a comma as a thousand separator, include a comma in the number format.
For percentage, please note that the system considers the percentage fields as smaller than 1, that is, a value of 0.3333% is displayed as 0.003333 and the number format should contain 6 decimals to fully display this value. You need to set the percentage value as #,##0.00#### to display 6 decimals.
2226976 - Variable Pay - Set Number Formats screen is showing an error message
number format, set number format, variable pay number, calculation, variable pay, comma, separator, percentage, columns, zero, number, rules , KBA , LOD-SF-VRP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To