- How to clear the MDF cache
- One or more of these symptoms might be occurring:
- MDF objects disappeared from the instance
- MDF objects are not showing up in the Configure Object Definition page but you still can see them in Configure People Profile (or other part of the system)
- Different browsers show different list of MDF objects
- Picklist Center is empty, error in browser console log "Entity PickListUIV2 is not found. Please contact your system administrator."
- After enabling Qualtrics and granting RBP permissions, Manage Qualtrics Integration page is not showing up
- Unable to login to system post enabled Onboarding2.0 feature in provisioning: application error fingerprint 2603c6b56c828320597ed3d1bb62a59037e5691a
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors OData API
- SAP SuccessFactors Metadata Framework (MDF)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding2.0
Inconsistencies can sometimes occur when changes are made to MDF objects in the following scenarios:
- Uploading the Corporate or Succession Data Model xml in Provisioning
- Changing the Corporate or Succession Data Model in Admin Center via Manage Business Configuration
- Changing an Object Definition
- Enabling new MDF objects
If the changes made to the MDF Objects are not correctly reflected in the instance, clearing the MDF cache is recommended.
To clear the Metadata Cache go to:
- Admin Center
- OData API Metadata Refresh and Export
- Refresh Metadata Cache
*If this is not a visible option in Admin Center, then you will need to permission it via RBP. The tool is found under the permission category Manage Integration Tools.
For Partners and Customer Support:
To clear the MDF Cache via Provisioning:
- Go Provisioning
- Under "MDF Cache Tool" click "Clear Cache" link
- Click "Click to clear cache" button
Run once the job "MDF Object Definition to DB Sync" to fix issue (clear MDF cache).
What to do when Succession Data Model and Metadata Framework are not in sync?
- As a customer, you don't have access to Provisioning. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your implementation partner. If you're no longer working with an implementation partner, contact SAP Cloud Support.
- Customer must provide a written approval for above task (Create one time job: MDF Object Definition to DB Sync)
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide:Implementing Employee Central Core
When you manually add the fields in Data Model XML but they do not appear in BCUI, you are advised refresh the metadata using Admin Center OData API Metadata Refresh And Export. Synchronizing the Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF)
- 2494461 - Unable to edit and save Changes to Positions
- 2473257 - Object definition not available
- 2298334 - Provisioning Access for Customers
- 2171588 - SuccessFactors: OData API Metadata Refresh and Export
- 2776882 - EC Advanced Reporting Metadata Sync/Reload (View Based Metadata)
- 2087462 - How to delete browsing history and cache/cookies of an internet browser
MDF Cache Tool, Refresh Metadata Cache, PickListUIV2, clear cache, qualtrics, manage qualtrics integration, fingerprint,2603c6b56c828320597ed3d1bb62a59037e5691a, unable to login to SuccessFactors System post enabling Onboarding feature , KBA , 2603c6b56c828320597ed3d1bb62a59037e5691a , unable to login , metadata cache , post enabling onboarding feature , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-PLT-QLT , Qualtrics Integration , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To