- After a deadlock
- ASE reports signal 11 or timeslice at address lock__singlechain_deadlock
- Which crashes the server
- ASE errorlog entries will show:
End of deadlock information.
Current process (hex#) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address hex# (lock__singlechain_deadlock+0xc5)
timeslice -501, current process infected at 0xe1c6be (lock__singlechain_deadlock+0x1ce)
The stack trace includes all or most of these modules:
- ASE automtically shuts down due to the spid holding spinlock tablockspins:
Spinlock tablockspins at address 0x00002aaaaf794880 ...
- The error sequence may be preceded by timeslice(s) at atomic_try:
timeslice -501, current process infected at 0x1646434 (atomic_try+0x2)
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
crash, shutdown, stacktrace, CR810877, CR#810877, 810877, lock__singlechain_deadlock, lock , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.