- How can I export / move / copy / transport content (i.e. models, stories, allocations, users, connections, etc.) and acquired/import model data (transaction) between two systems in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)?
- Can a two system landscape (test / production) in SAP Analytics Cloud be used?
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- If you want to have a two system landscape, then two separate systems are required: A production system and a test system.
- This requires purchasing multiple systems from your SAP Account Manager / SAP Account Executive (AE).
- There is no automated way to perform transports between systems.
Using the Content Network Method
- Use the content network method if you have multiple tenants on the same landscape, e.g. EU10
- To access the Content Network, navigate to Main menu > Browse > Content Network.
- This method does not require downloading and uploading .TGZ files locally.
- See Sharing Content with Other Systems for more information.
Caution: The source and destination systems need to be on the same quarterly version of SAP Analytics Cloud, or the following quarterly version. If the importing system is on an older version, the package won’t appear. If it’s two or more versions ahead of the exporting system, the package’s content may not be supported.
Using the Transport (file) Method (zipped / .TGZ files)
- Use the Transport option to transport Public content between systems found under Main Menu > Transport > Export / Import.
- The following video and help page explains how to transport a model and its underlying objects (i.e. stories, allocations, roles, connections, etc.) from one system to another:
- Video: Export and Import Objects for Deployment
- Help Page: Transport Your Private Content Through File System
- This functionality serves multiple purposes around content and change management.
- Alternatively, see the following how-to blog that discusses How to automatically backup/archive & restore your plan data (into a backup model).
- Caution: It is not recommended to use file exports to archive content. Content can only be imported in the same version of the application from which it was exported, or the subsequent version. After your system is upgraded again, you cannot import the content.
- The patch level number (third / 3rd value) does not matter.
- Only the release (version / wave) number is relevant (second / 2nd value).
- For example, (Year.Release.Patch-level, 2020.1.0, 2020.2.4).
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management (video)
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management (blog)
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management (wiki)
- SAP Analytics Cloud - Enterprise Readiness
- 2539529 - How can I get deleted objects restored in SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Cloud Trust Center - Learn more about our cloud security, trust, compliance and services.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
import, qa, DEV, PROD, transport, transfer, export, story, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Move to production, We would like to inform which possibilities are available to move a model and its stories to the production environment? lifecylce management, porting model SAC, Moving content from one BusinessObjects tenant to another, Moving content from one SAP Analytics Cloud tenant to another, lcm, sac data redundancy backup restore, (Development (Dev), Test (TST), Quality Assurance (QA), Production (PROD) etc.), analytical cloud, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, deployment , KBA , dr disaster recovery , model transport restore sac , moving story and datamodels. sac kba , how to transport a story or dashboar , dashboard between systems, i.e. elevate , i.e. elevate from dev to qa or prod? , sac deplyment option import export , life-cycle , how to import export sac objects in the , sac objects in the same tenant (dev-2-qa , how to import export , same tenant (dev-2-qa) , exporting s/4hana sac , options are available to analyze and rec , what audit and restore options are avail , analyze and recover data changes , sac from old instance to new one , / request to open sac old tenant for tra , transporting again the objects with erro , again the objects with error , back-up back up , backup , backup restore kba sac deployment , restored kba sac deployments , restores backup restore kba sac deployed , transported transports , deployment export job download issue , export of complete tenant , import & export is not working in sac, s , sac transport issues issue , restore model in sac , sap analytics cloud complete system back , system backup/restore? , backup / restore functionality , story, models , backup restore sac kba blog , backup process in sap analytics cloud , doubts about backup proccess in * , LOD-ANA-ACN , SAC Content Network , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , How To