- You are trying to run a data volume reclaim to reduce the size of the data volume.
- System Replication is causing issues for the data volume reclaim due to snapshots on the primary.
- You implemented the parameter changes recommended from KBA 1999880 FAQ: SAP HANA System Replication - Point 19: 'How can RECLAIM DATAVOLUME be executed when system replication is active?'
- The reclaim is running for so long it is failing when daily backup runs with the following error:
Could not execute 'alter system reclaim datavolume <host>120 defragment' in <hours: mins:sec>.
SAP DBTech JDBC: : general error: Shrink canceled, probably because of snapshot pages.
- How can you stop the daily backup causing the volume reclaim to cancel?
- Is there any way to tell the progress of the data volume reclaim? i.e. how far through is it?
- Is there any further advice for large data volume reclaims?
SAP HANA 1.0
RECLAIM, datavolume, defragment , KBA , HAN-DB-HA , SAP HANA High Availability (System Replication, DR, etc.) , HAN-DB-PER , SAP HANA Database Persistence , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.