When a PB Classic .NET assembly is used in a MS Visual Studio application, the following incorrect behaviors are present:
- Unhandled exceptions silently fail in console applications after a PowerBuilder generated assembly is loaded.
- In a Windows Forms applications, all unhandled exceptions are delegated to the systemerror event after a PowerBuilder generated assembly is loaded.
- Errors with datastore/datawindow SetItem methods occur in a PowerBuilder windows application but not a PowerBuilder generate assembly
- PowerBuilder generated runtime errors do not always provide a message in the exception in coming from the PowerBuilder generate assembly
- There must be an explicit reference to a PowerBuilder object in order to instantiate the object in a PowerBuilder generated assembly.
SAP PowerBuilder 12.6
Microsoft Visual Studio
CR809710, 809710, CR 809469, CR809469, ds, dw, VS , KBA , BC-SYB-PB , PowerBuilder , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.