- Need to hide the visibility of a field in the UI based on the Value from a Picklist parent object
- Want to know how to use UI rules to hide specific fields on custom UI
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to 'Admin Center' > 'Manage Position'
- Create new Position
- Select a value from the parent pick list
All other fields show regardless of value selected in the picklist
- Navigate to 'Admin Center' > 'Manage Configuration UI'
- Create New Object
- Select Base Object (in my example I select 'Position'
- Set up the fields for this object
- Create a UI Rule
- This rule has to account for all the options in the pick list
- Set your If Condition for hiding the fields
- Set the 'Else If' condition for the fields you want to show as visibile
- Save the Rule
- Navigate to the Parent Object, and edit the details
- Select the rule you just created in the 'onChange UI Rules' section > Click OK
- Save this Custom UI
- Last you need to set this as the 'Default Screen' for the Object in 'Configure Object Definition' > Save Changes made
Please be aware if a field is being hidden via UI rule or field properties from the UI level - it will not take effect on the History panel showing change. If the field is hidden from the object level, then it works as expected.
sf ec, sfec, success factors, Custom visibility, custom ui, UI rules, , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To