When you make a change to the default template for an email notification and upload the configured template, the change is not saved when you download the template again.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Email Notification Template Settings.
- Select a template, e.g Workflow Action Pending Notification and download the template file.
- Make a change to the non locale specific default template.
- Upload the configured template and save.
- Download the template file again and notice that your change did not save/reverted.
- Select a Template
- Switch to the Locale you want to Update for that template > select 'Switch To'
- Select the Character Encoding (In my example I choose Unicode (UTF-8) to account for special characters)
- After page loads > Select Download (this will be a '.txt' file)
- Update the portion of the template with the correct locale (in my example I am using "en_US")
- This will include the following Sections:
- General Subject: <subject><![CDATA[Welcome to SuccessFactors!]]></subject>
- Language Specific Translation for the 'Subject': <subject lang="en_US">
- Default Body section: <body> (this will have a close statement after = </body>
- The Language Specific body section: <body lang="en_US"> (this will have a close statement after = </body>
- The System will not update all languages at once, it will only update the specific language selected from Step one
ECT-83421, email notification template settings, default template, notification, SFEC, SFSF, SF EC, success factors, email templates, Alerts , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-ALR , Alerts & Notifications (saveAlert - EC Core only) , Problem