You have noticed future dated record in your positions that are far in future and was not created by any user.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- You are using Employee Central: Position Management
- You have an Integration setup (via API) from/to your other HCM systems (via Dell Boomi, HCI, and so on).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Positions;
- Select Position;
- Chose any Position code;
- See that there is a future dated record like Jan, 1st 3929;
If you are using API from your HCM legacy system (such as SAP Organisation Management to SAP EC Position Management) it is likelly that there are some upsert action that is creating these future dated records.
This KBA will explain to you the troubleshooting steps to find out if you have upsert events for your position objects, we are not providing the specific correction steps for the API configuration because it will depend on which API you are using.
- Filter port upsert calls in the Position entity to get the API logs from your SF system, you do this by navigating to:
- Admin Center >
- OData Audit log or SFAPI Audit log >
- Click on the "HTTP Message" button and check the following internal tabs:
- "Request Header" > in this tab you can see where this API connection came from - including IP address of your HCM or middleware system.
- "Request Payload" > in this tab you can see the actual data that your API call is upserting, example future dated positions.
- "Response Payload" > in this tab can you can see the response of our API server with successful or failed results of this insert.
SuccessFactors Employee Central Position upsert, API (OData or SFAPI) upsert operation, Creation of positions in SuccessFactors, Checking the logs to find how new positions were created in the SuccessFactors system, employee central, ec, position management, api upsert, odata, future dated transaction, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , How To