- During an upgrade using Software Update Manager (SUM) tool, you are trying to restart the Java shadow instance (for example, after the DEPLOY-SHADOW-INSTANCE phase), but it fails with the following error:
com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.DeploymentException: An error occurred while restarting the server.
Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dc.jstartup.JStartupException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3312] An error occurred while restarting the cluster using SAP control webservice on URI
- Java shadow instance is up and running
- sapcontrol commands are hanging
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
- Software Update Manager (SUM)
SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java all versions
sapstartsrv hang hung startup , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , BC-JAS-SF , Startup Framework , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.