While querying CompoundEmployee API Data through the Employee Delta Export spreadsheet, the following Error message is thrown:
"Authentication Failed. Attempted login from unauthorized IP"
Employee Delta Export spreadsheet
Reproducing the Issue
- Download the Employee Delta Export and the Excel Add-In from Admin Centre [For further details please refer to KBA 2358156 - How to query data using the MS Excel Add-In from Successfactors]
- Download and install the Excel Add-In and open the Employee Delta Export
- Enter the relevant parameters related to connection settings [For further details please refer to KBA 2358156 - How to query data using the MS Excel Add-In from Successfactors]
- Click on Get Data
- Note the "Authentication Failed. Attempted login from unauthorized IP" error
The SuccessFactors HCM Suite has the ability to restrict a user account used for API access to certain IP addresses. This also applies to the API used by the Excel application.
1. Go to Admin Tools > Password & Login Policy Settings
2. Choose the link Set API login exceptions
3. Choose the Add button
4. Specify Username, Maximum password age = -1, and your IP addresses
Employee Delta Export CompoundEmployee API , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-CE , Compound Employee API , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem