- When working with external directories of users and groups it is very difficult to identify the cause or issues as they arise (issue with 3rd party, network, or product, etc)
- Regarding how to collect CMS trace, please refer KBA 1526641 or KBA 3219209 (This shows where the log files are located and how to generate them)
- To assist this KBA will identify the proper sequence when performing basic operations with the AD plugin (enabling the plugin, mapping a group, users, etc)
- If these KBA's prove successful we can add more complicated processes going forward (logging failures, testing more complicated environments, etc.
- The info in these KBA's was searched via free tools textcrawler 3, notepad++ and textpad. There are many tools that can search multiple glf log files including SAP's own Flexilogreader
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
These log snipets were all taken from SAP BusinessObjects Business intelligence Platform 4.2 SP4
It is important to note that there could be minor variances in other versions but the bulk of the information should be very similar across all BI 4.x platforms and even somewhat in 3.1
zie biauth tskba microsoft active directory , KBA , windows , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.