- Business rule does not trigger for both global assignment and Paused assignment at the same time
- Business Rule is not populating a value for a field for Global Assignment
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Create a Business Rule that populates a value in a custom field
Navigate to a user who has a Global Assignment
Take Action > Change the field which triggers the business rule to populate a second field
Navigate to users profile to see if the field was populated
Scenario 1 Result:
Notice the field is not populated on the Global Assignment or the Paused Assignment.
Scenario 2 Result:
Notice the field is only populated on the Paused Assignment and not the Global assignment or visa versa.
The custom field you are trying to populate may be hidden by a rule, or does not have 'Edit' visibility in the details of the object in Manage Business Configuration.
For certain rules, you must pay attention to the Employment Type and then select the relevant entry.
- Make sure that the field you want populated is not hidden by a rule.
- Make sure that the details for the field in "Manage Business Configuration" is set to "Visibility = Edit"
Note: If a field is hidden and does not have 'Visibility' = Edit, the system is unable to write the data for this field to the database, and the information will not be able to populate in the user interface.
- Both the Paused Assignment and the Global Assignment are separate entities for the user, and changes made to each entity are reflected for the user separately.
- If you want the information to be reflected to both the Global Assignment and the Paused Assignment, you have to edit both entities separately.
- If the object is only listed in a specific Country Specific portlet, the users Job Information will have to correlate to that of the data contained within the Country Specific Portlet.
Global Assignment, sf ec, SFEC, success factors, Business Rules, user assignment, ECT-83972, glbl asgn, GA rules , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-GA , Global Assignment , How To