When trying to generate a document via Take Action, the system is getting an application error. But when using Generate Document in Admin Center it is working.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home Page icon and select "Employee Files"
- Select Take Action
- Select "Generate Document" option
- Select desired Language
- Select the Template you have previously created
- Select date and press the button Download
- You will receive an application error similar to this one:
errorId=b1d3bdfe-825f-4472-a5dd-b75f6aa59153, fingerprint=13fdadba53bdfeb54164218a13065530a804893c, timestamp=2017-08-21T10:20:33.490-0400, server=125pc4bcf93t, versionInfo=Release%3A%20b1705.1253985%0A%20%20%20%20Server%3A%20125pc4bcf93t%0A%20%20%20%20Timestamp%3A%202017-08-21T10%3A20%3A04.429-0400
- The application error occurs via Take Action when you do not have any placeholders in the Document Template
- The Engineering team have addressed the solution for this error in Release 1711. For Preview instances is target for November 4th, 2017 and Production December 2nd,2017. These are the planned dates, any change in the schedule, Support will update this KBA.
- Go to Admin Center
- Search for Document Generation - Manage Document
- Select the Template that is generating the application error and add a dummy placeholder in the body
4. Go to Admin Center
5. Search for Generate Document - Manage Document Template Mapping
6. Map that placeholder to some dummy value and Save it
7. Edit the template again and remove the placeholder from the body
8. Now try downloading the document via Take Action
For SAP Support Only:
Refer to the Internal Memo to check Jira.
- 2347226 - Employee Central - Document Generation
- Employee Central, Document Generation, ESS , Take Action, Application error , Document , Template, Fingerprint: 07cd66901e94b2661121da3c6e34c0843525da0a