You want to create a new Price List or Discount List for a new validity period with the same name as an already existing price list in your system. When trying to save the new price list you receive the error message:
Price-/Discount List XYZ already exists (XYZ represents the Name of the Price List).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Services Portfolio Work Centre.
- Go to the Price Lists View.
- In the Show field, select a price list type for which you want to create the new price list.
- Click on New.
- Create your new price list with the necessary parameters, validity period and products.
- Click on Save.
- You receive the error message: Price-/Discount List XYZ already exists
It is not possible to maintain two price lists with identic names in SAP Business ByDesign. This applies regardless of the price list type, validity period or products included in the new price list.
When creating a new price list in your system, either manually or via Excel Upload or via the Migration tool, ensure that you choose a name for the new price list that is different to the name of any of the existing price list in your system.
Price List; Discount List; Name; unique; , KBA , AP-PMD-SPL , Sales Price List , How To