You will receive the below error message while attempting to translate an item of your add-on within the SAP Cloud Applications Studio on a production tenant:
The system is not set up for translation, system supported translation languages are not installed
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Cloud Applications Studio on your production tenant.
- Open the affected Solution.
- Right click on the item (e.g. a .codelist file)
- Select Translation > Export Text.
- Below error message appears.
It is not possible to export texts from a live system i.e. production system.
The translation should be performed on the test/development system where the patch solution is developed.
Please refer to the Help portal documentation: Translation Quick Guide
PDI, SDK, translate, export, text, system, is, not, set, up, for, translation , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-TRANSL , ByDesign Studio Translation , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To