Can we create a username in the add new employee wizard via business rule?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central - Business Rules
This is currently not supported. There is no base object that allows you to drill into the username field
2090228 - How to Submit Ideas for SAP SuccessFactors Products
Also view: 2459427 - Hide User Id and Username in New Hire wizard , 2527668 - Default Username as Employee ID, 2594977 - How does HRIS Element Identifier userAccountInfo Work?
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide: Implementing and Managing the Employment Lifecycle (from Hiring to Termination)
Chapter: Differentiating Between Person ID, User ID, and User Name in Employee Central
Guide: Implementing Business Rules in SAP SuccessFactors
Q) Can You map the email-address of any type to the "username" field in Employee Profile EP ?
A) It's recommended not to configure/map the email-address of any type to the "username" field in Employee Profile
- Do NOT configure username as a standard-element-ref. View Guide: Fields Hard-Coded for Syncing
- As there is no "uniqueness" check available on EC side, the system can try to pass non-unique values to "username" which would result in UI/Import errors when attempting to do so
- 2336779 - Invalid HRIS Sync Mapping Configuration " HRIS Sync Job Failure"
- 2527668 - Default Username as Employee ID
- 2421728 - How to Autogenerate Employee ID/ Person ID Based on Country Using a Sequence
- 2594977 - How does HRIS Element Identifier userAccountInfo Work?
- 2459427 - Hide User Id and Username in New Hire wizard
- 2785629 - Check Tool: How to use Check Tool to check for duplicate usernames
- 2392253 - How to modify employee User ID
- 2730512 - Changing Username - Error Username already exists, please choose another one - Platform BizX
Username, Business Rule, Rule, Defaulting Username , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment Details) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To