In the Pricing and Invoicing tab of a Sales Order or Sales Quote, the description shows an unexpected text value in the List Price line. This also applies to other Sales Documents such as Sales Quotes.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will use Sales Orders as an example:
- Got to the Sales Order workcenter.
- Go to the Sales Order view.
- Show all orders and in the Find field search for Sales Order XXX (XXX represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Click View All and navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select line item YYY (YYY represents the line ID of the relevant line item) and click on Expand.
- In the List Price line, you see an unexpected text value.
The description for the List price line is derived from the description maintained for the price list which is based on the pricing details of the line item. When hovering over the description value, the system displays the underlying price list.
- Go to Product and Services Work centre.
- Go to the Price Lists View.
- Show relevant price list type and search in the list for price list ABC (ABC represents the ID of the price list).
- Select the price list and below the table you see the description which is maintained for the price list.
- If there is no description maintained, the system will automatically show List Price in the description field.
Maintain a valid description for the Price List if you want this description to be displayed in your Sales Documents.
Note: The description for the price list is language specific. A description maintained when logged on in, say German, is only valid and displayed when a business user is logged into the system in German.
Form Template; List price; Listenpreis, Price List, Template, Description, Language , KBA , AP-PRC-PR , Pricing , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To