You have noticed that certain users are having application error when accessing the job history.
If you click on ok the job history portlet will never load
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Job Information & Propagation XML
Reproducing the Issue
- Proxy or login as the employee who is having the application error;
- Search for other employee (peer position, manager, lower level position);
- In PP3, search for employment information and click on the "clock" icon to see the history;
- The page will throw the application error and will never load;
There might have different causes for this issue but the key details here is: "this works correctly if you are logged in as admin".
This means that the issue is related to role base permission.
One easy way to check this is by accessing the tool User role search under Set user permission.
In this UI you'll add:
- Access User: User who is having the application error;
- Permission category: Employee Central Effective Dated Entities;
- Permission: Here you can pick any field from job information just make sure you picked (view history);
- Target: This is the person who you are trying to see the information and the error happens;
In the result you see the roles returned which would means that the user has permission. As you can see in this screenshot, there was no result which means that this user does not have permissions.
Correct the user RBP for this user giving permission and the application error should disappear.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , How To