This is a collection of useful articles related to Manage Configurtion UI.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Before opening an incident with Product Support
Please be sure that before you open a support incident with Product Support, you have performed the following sanity checks on your configuration/data - bearing in mind most issues are due to a configuration issue -:
- The feature is correctly enabled, as described in the related Implementation Handbook
- Correct permissions are granted to the administrator/end-user to be able to use the tool (as specified in the Implementation Handbook)
- Has the configuration changed recently?
- Was it working before the recent changes?
- Can the recent change be un-done so re-testing can be performed?
- Can the issue be reproduced for just 1 or multiple admins?
- If the issue is reproducible for all it is still likely to be a permissions issue.
- If it seems to be related to 1 or a small admin population - the next step is to check and verify the permissions are correctly granted.
- Is the data correct? (Ensure that any recent configuration changes you have made have not caused any data inconsistencies)
- Have you verified that, according to the related Implementation Handbook, the feature is configured according to Best Practices recommended in the handbook?
Below are some tips and tricks recommended by Product Support, which you should consider first before opening a Support Incident
Please refer to the following articles which detail how certain actions should be performed when relating to Configuration UIs:
- 2211616 - How to Configure a UI for a Generic Object in Meta Data Framewok - SuccessFactors.
- 2593551 - [Custom MDF]: How to add Bar/Pie Charts in the custom MDF object's UI screen.
- 2556522 - [Custom MDF]: Grid/Flow Layout under manage configuration UI page.
- 2593930 - [Custom MDF]: How to set Flow layout for your custom MDF portlet in People Profile.
- 2688830 - [Custom MDF]: How to set display order of child records in the MDF portlet in People Profile.
- 2533328 - Updated by, not showing on custom MDF UI
- 2492135 - Can you Change the Title of a Field via a UI Rule
- 2361547 - How to import an MDF UI
- 2556297 - How to Export an MDF UI
- 2540412 - UI Rule to Set visibility for field based on a separate field selection
- 2233245 - MDF Object does not display in the format as designed in the Config UI
- 2314757 - How to set up Configuration UI Rules
- 2342168 - Adding URL Links on MDF object/ portlet.
- 2540872 - Custom MDF Portlet - Fields of New Record Populate with Previous Values (Set the field values to Null)
The following are common errors encountered when implementing Configuration UIs:
- 2242583 - Application error occurred while accessing Configure Object Definitions, Manage Configuration UI, Configure Business Rules and Manage Business Configuration.
- 2465442 - Unable to Save Configuration UI Rule.
- 2385477 - Field value not getting saved in MDF UI on Save.
- 2305817 - Payment Information portlet - field values are set to null upon edit or the portlet is continuously loading.
- 2210082 - Unable to access Business Execution Rule Logs.
- 2283678 - Application error while saving data in MDF Portlet.
Manage Configuration UI, MDF UI, UI rules, mdf portlet, UI screen, Live profile MDF information, UI group, Add link, Add group, FAQ , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information (Bank Information) , How To