Error: Logon failed. Details: NoSecond
- When attempting to refresh or create a report off Siebel in Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- Siebel Business Application 8.1
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert", under "Create New Connection", select "Siebel eBusiness Applications"
- Select the Connection Type: Server.
- Enter the user credential, and the Connection String.
It then fails with the error: 'Logon failed. Details: NoSecond'
The 32bit Oracle JVM is required by Siebel eBusiness Application to connect successfully, as well as the Siebel jar files, therefore the above error will be display if:
The Oracle JVM is not installed; or
The Oracle JVM is installed, but the path has not been added to the registry key: Path JVM Library; or
Siebel jar files are missing.
The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. For more information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Download and install the 32bit version of Oracle JRE from the Oracle website.
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, add the JVM path path to the key: Path JVM Library
2.1 Locate the JVM library path. ( Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll )
2.2 If Crystal Reports designer is open, close it.
2.3 Open the Microsoft Registry Editor. ( regedit )
2.4 In the MS Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Integration Kit for Siebel\Native
2.5 In the key: Path JVM Library
Enter the JVM path library taken in step 2. ( Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll )
- Add the Siebel jar files to SAP BusinessObjects Siebel folder.
3.1 From the Siebel Client, copy the following jar files:
3.2 Paste the Siebel jar files to the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\siebel\default\siebel
- Open Crystal Reports, and you will then be able to connect successfully to Siebel.
Note: On the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform, use the same steps as above, and restart the SAP BI Server for the change to take effect.
- IMPORTANT NOTE
Crystal Reports connectivity to Oracle applications, like Siebel, will be deprecated, and not available in future releases. It will be supported till the end of life of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 / Crystal Reports 2016, or end of life of previously certified Oracle releases. (whichever comes first)
CR, Seibel , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016