- You have existing EC fields in the Data Model or Manage Business Configuration ( BCUI ) where visibility is set to "View".
- The field is behaving as expected in Add New Employee.
- However, the field is editable in the EC Portlet whenever you make changes.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Define a new field either in the Data Model XML or BCUI. Set the Visibility property to "View".
- Grant View and Edit Permissions to this field
- Notice that in the EC Portlet, even though it is set as View only, the field is still editable.
This is expected system behavior. The View only configuration will be respected only in the Add New Employee page as RBP is not respected here. On the other hand, for existing users, Job Info Edit and Change history permissions are taken into consideration, so if the users have "Edit" permissions to these read-only fields, RBP will take precendence over the Data Model visibility configuration. In this case, the user with permission will be able to edit the field.
If you would like the field to remain as View only for all users in the system, then only View permissions should be granted in the Permission Role configuration.
2079434 - New Hire/ Rehire process - Field level permissions are ignored
field, edit, view only, read only, read-only, bcui, visibility, view, new hire wizar, MSS,view permission, edit permission, ec core, ECT-82930,Manage Business Configuration,BCUI, Data model, SDM , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , How To