- Customer created a custom-double field and set the "maximumFractionDigits" to be an specific number, for instance "2". When saving data like 1000,4533 in that custom field, the Job Information portlet shows the 1000,45 value in the new record. However when checking information in Ad Hoc or Odata API, the result for that field will be the complete value, for our example it should appear 1000,4533.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Job Information portlet
- Insert a New Record and edit the custom double field you have created, insert the value 1000,4533 and hit save
- Go to the new record the system created, you will see that the value of that field is 1000,45. This is correct because you set the maximumFractionDigits to be "2". So the portlet should show only two decimals
- Run ad Adhoc Report or Check the data in Odata API, it will appear 1000,4533 and not 1000,45. The system is not respecting the maximumFractionDigits value.
- It is an expected behavior in Odata API and Ad Hoc. For now, Odata API expose data in database directly and it do not change the data base on the maximumFractionDigits configuration in data model.
- This is currently working by design. The only workaround is to create a rule that will round the value that you are entering and will not allow you to save more than the decimals you specify in the maximumFractionDigits configuration. For create this rule, please contact your Implementation Partner.
- Consider that SAP Support do not create Business rules, this is an Implementation Request.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I find information on this from the Guides?
A) Guide: Business Rules Implementation Guide
Chapter: Pay Component
Employee Central, maximumFractionDigits, Odata API, Decimals, Pay Component , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-RUL , Business Rules , Problem