- Getting a script error in Employee Profile/People Profile after enabling MDF Talent Pools.
- Unable to see the contents of Profiles.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Employee Profile / People Profile > Error message pops up > After clicking on cancel or ok, no data/portlet is populated.
- To investigate, Go to Configure Object Definition > Search for TalentPool generic object, no such object exists.
- Issue is caused by missing Generic Objects for Talent Pools.
- MDF Talent Pool data is configured to display yet generic objects are not properly loaded in the instance.
To properly load object definitions that are not properly loaded in the instance the MDF Cache needs to be refreshed. This can be done by one of three methods:
- Clear MDF Cache via Provisioning. This must be done my Cloud Product Support, Implementation Partner, or Consultant.
- Open Provisioning
- Locate MDF Cache Toll
- Clear Cache
- Clear Cache via Admin Center. This can be done by an end user of the Product
- Admin Center
- Odata API Metadata Refresh and Export tool
- Cache > Refresh
- If either of those do not work, run the MDF Object Definition to DB Sync job in Provisioning
- Open Provisioning
- Open Manage Schedule Jobs
- Create New Job
- Job Name: Name the Job
- Job Owner: An active user in the system
- Job Type: MDF Object Definition to DB Sync job
- Create and Run it Now
Customers has the possibility to directly run this job from the Admin Center, however the prerequisite is that it was previously created at least once from Provisioning. For more information, please check the KB Article 2534674.
SF, success factors, Application Error, Employee Profile, People Profile, MDF Talent Pools, MDF Talent Pool , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-TP , Talent Pools , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , Problem