- "Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (3275)" error is shown when refreshing a Desktop Intelligence (DeskI) report based on an Excel data source / when exporting a DeskI report to Excel format.
- When clicking on OK, a subsequent error is shown: "The following data providers have not been successfully refreshed: PD 1 in <path>\<excel_spreadsheet>.xls. (DMA0007)"
- The issue is observed since installing a Microsoft Security Update. See the "Environment" section for the corresponding KB numbers for the affected Windows Operating Systems.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- Desktop Intelligence (DeskI)
- Desktop Intelligence Compatibility Pack (DCP)
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 -> KB4041681 (or KB4038803) & KB4041678
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 -> KB4041693 & KB4041687
- Microsoft Excel 2007 (*.xls)
If you are facing this issue with Crystal Reports, please refer to the following KBA: 2548907 - Error: 'Logon Failed. Unexpected error from external database driver' when refreshing a report based off MS Excel in Crystal Reports and in SAP BI LaunchPad
deski, excel, refresh, unexpected error from external database driver, 3275, DMA0007, KB4041681, KB4038803, msexcl40.dll , KBA , BI-RA-DKI , Obsolete - Desktop Intelligence , BI-RA-DKI-CLT , Obsolete - Desktop Intelligence Client , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.