- The default behaviour of a procedure is to execute as owner.
- Dynamic stored procedure starts failing with the insert permission error on the underlying table
- Upgraded from ASE 15.7 SP134 to ASE 15.7 SP138, there is no change with the schemam user/group or permissions.
- After upgrading the server, in rare circumstance, when a stored procedure is executed by a user who does not have explicit permissions on an underlying object which the procedure is trying to modify, may sometimes fail with the error:
Error Code = 10330[SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]INSERT permission denied on object table_name, database ASE, owner dbo
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
sproc fails, permissions, dynamic, procxmode , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.