You are executing some steps on the UI (Edit, Save, Create, Delete or Custom Action) and you receive the error message:
"Importing parameter PARAM is initial" or "Invalid importing parameter PARAM"
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a Solution in the Cloud Application Studio.
- You have created a Custom Business Object or Extension Business Object.
- You have created a Script File for your Business Object.
You are using SAP Built-In Functions in your custom script where one or more of the importing parameters have not been given a value. For example, for cdate = this.ADate.Delta(this.BDate, true), the Error Message "Importing parameter DATE2 is initial" tells us that this.BDate is initial.
- Perform a trace in the Cloud Application Studio to see what custom scripts are being called.
- Debug the scripts and check for Built-In Functions used in the code.
- If you have corrected all importing parameters for the Built-In Functions and the error is still raised, please open an incident with SAP Product Support.
Check section SAP Built-In Functions Reference in the SAP Cloud Application Studio Documentation. There you can see all supported Built-In Functions and the required parameters.
Importing, Parameter, is initial, Built-In, Functions, for Strings, Date, Datatype, Data, Type, absl, After, Modify, AfterModify, BeforeSave, Before, Save, AfterLoading, Loading, ValidationOnSave, Validation, OnSave, Script, BO, XBO, Function, Method, blank, empty, Delta, PDI, SDK, Solution, Scripting, Custom, Code, Logic, PDI_ABSL_RSC , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-SCR , ByDesign Studio Scripting (ABSL) , Problem