- We have given access to View pending requests to the manager role, and oddly when we access directly or proxy as a manager and try to access them and error message is produced:
- "Access Denied! You are not authorized to view this page"
- You are denied access to this page.
- Is a Target permission required?
- What target is required for a manager or employee to see pending requests?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- Role Based Permissions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Role with ‘Pending Requests’ in the employee view, ticked
- Assign Role to user
- Access directly or Proxy as user and try to view pending requests
- Error is thrown: Access Denied! You are not authorised to view this page
- The Target Population on the Permission Role is Restricted
- The Permission Role providing access to Pending Request may be excluding the affected user
- If via Action Search Bar to Pending Request, please try below:
- Pending Requests Permission are given through various roles
- Please check the granting of these roles one by one
- Did all of the roles flag "Exclude Granted User from having the permission access to him/herself"?
- If Yes = this means User cannot access her own pending request data
- If some of the role didn't check it, then check next step:
- If No = Check the box next to this option
- Do not use "Exclude Granted Uesr from having permission access to him/herself for this permission
Pending Requests, Access Denied, You are not authorised to view this page, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Problem