When trying to deactivate a position form the Position Org Chart or Manage Positions, you receive an error:
You cannot deactivate the position because at least one Matrix Relationship exists for this position
Employee Central - Position Management
The error is displayed, as the position you are trying to deactivate is listed as a Matrix Relationship, for one or more other positions in your instance.
For a quick way to highlight which other position reference the impacted position as a Matrix realtionship, you can view Matrix relationships from the Position Org CHart.
Navigate to the Positon Org Chart.
- Search for the position you wish to deactivate.
- On the right-hand side select the "Display Options" button (the eye icon).
- Select the checkbox for "Matrix Positions", this will allow you to see how position are related via Matrix Relationships:
- The Position Org chart will load again, to show the Matrix Relationships.
- You will now see position that are referenced by the impacted position with matrix relationships via a dotted line in the hierarchy.
- Once you have highlighted which positions are related. You will need to insert a new record in those positions, with the same effective date you wish to set the Position to inactive and remove it from the matrix relationships.
2515752 - Error Deactivating a Position - You cannot deactivate the position because it has 1 lower-level positions between XXXX and XXXX that are active.
position management, inactive, error, position, You cannot deactivate the position because at least one Matrix Relationship exists for this position, deactivate, position org chart , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem