Which is the recommended approach to upgrade from BI 4.0/4.1 to BI 4.2 SP2+ in a clustered landscape using sequential method ?
Below environment is an example of a clustered landscape:
- Nodes: 8
- 2 nodes (say H0 and H9): have no SIA, have web tier (Tomcat)
- 2 nodes (say HQ and HT): have the FRS and the CMS is enabled and running.
- 4 nodes (say 6V, 6J, 6H, 6I) : have no FRS and the CMS are OFF and not autostarted as they are not used.
- Design Studio 1.6 is installed on all 8 nodes.
- Lumira 1.3 is installed only on H0, H9, 6V, 6J.
- Current version is 4.1 SP07 Patch 3
- Desired version is 4.2 SP04
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- Clustered environment
- Windows / Unix
BI 4.0 BI 4.1 BI 4.2 SP2 SP3 SP4 Support Pack upgrade update correct right recommended supported method approach Linux AIX License Key Error Invalid Key cluster landscape , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.