- I'd like to request a backup/snapshot for BizX;
- How do I request a backup restore for BizX?
- I'd like to have more information about backup process for BizX.
- I'd like to have a snapshot before making some critical changes so I can use it later if necessary.
A database dump, snapshot or backup is requested for a valid backup in case of any failure.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
# Backup request must-known information:
- Database dumps, snapshots or backups cannot be provided to your FTP as it contains internal proprietary data owned by SuccessFactors and thus violates several security guidelines; This backup described in this article is exclusively used for restore purposes. If you want to get data from the system as your own backup you can follow the steps from the handy knowledge base article: 2087990 - Data Imports & Exports: What Are the Options to Export or Extract all Our Data and Forms from the SuccessFactors Application?
- The backup time retention possibilities are 30, 60 or 90 days. No other ranges are eligible at the moment;
- All Backups will be scheduled only from Monday to Thursday, outside of standard peak busy hours respective to the DC Region Time:
- EU: M/F 08:00 – 20:00 GMT;
- US: M/F 08:00 – 20:00 US/ET;
- AU: M/F 08:00 – 20:00 AU/ET.
# How to raise a backup request:
- Raise a new P3 Medium support case under the component LOD-SF-PLT-BKP;
- Within the request description, provide:
- Company ID of the instance you'd like the snapshot to be taken from;
- Time/date slot of your preference;
- Desired retention period;
- SuccessFactors Support Team will work internally with Operations Team on your request.
- You'll be informed once it is successfully scheduled.
# What comes next?
- Once the backup has been successfully scheduled it is queued for execution on the confirmed scheduled time.
- Backup of data takes a estimated 2-3 hours depending on the schema size.
- Confirmation on the backup completion can be requested however it may take 1-3 business days to receive confirmation as DB activities need to be completed for the extraction of the company settings only.
SuccessFactors Bizx, backup request, database dump, database backup, BizX backup, backup, snapshot, backup, rollback, backup on SFTP, backup SFTP , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-BKP , Backup, Database Restore & Disaster Recovery , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To