- When adding or editing goals in GM v12, the pop-up screen does not resize when you adjust / stretch the frame horizontally.
- This feature works just fine in Google Chrome, but does not in Internet Explorer.
- There are no maximize or minimize window options available for the Add/Edit goal dialogue window in Internet Explorer.
- The Horizontal scrollbars will not appear at the bottom as well.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
Reproducing the Issue
1. Login to SF on the Internet Explorer browser
2. Go to the Goal or Development tab
3. Add or edit any existing goal or CDP goal
4. Stretch the pop up window horizontally
5. You will see the white space created after you stretch the window initially but the content of the pop-up screen will not follow the resized window.
6. Click on the blank white space and you will see the Window will adjust to cover the white space like it the way it should have behaved in the first place.
7. Now try to shrink the window again to its original size by dragging the right side corner going to the left.
You will see the window did not detect it again and will not automatically adjust to show the whole content of the page. The scroll bar at the bottom is not showing as well.
The root cause is that the Internet Explorer browser does not send the resize event to SuccessFactors and this is something that we cannot fix from our side.
The workaround is that after you resize the pop-up window and you see it is not following the new size, click on the blank place of the pop up window as shown on the screen shot above and then Internet Explorer will accept the resize command.
Goal, Objective, GM, CDP, Internet Explorer, Pop-up, Window, Add new Goal, Edit, Resize, expand, minimize, maximize, Development Goal, blank space, Chrome, Firefox , KBA , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Problem