Error message is shown on Time Management block in People Profile
- Go to Time Sheet link not visible in Time Management section on People Profile
- Time Sheet Details not shown on People Profile
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central 2.0
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Time Sheet
- People Profile (PP3)
Reproducing the Issue
Go to People Profile > Time Off section and navigate to Time Management block. Error message is shown and link to access and record time sheet entries is not shown.
Errors are caused by configuration issue within the time valuation and/or with the Time Recording Profile associated to employees. Common reasons of the errors includes but not limited to the following:
- Time Type Group of 'Calculated Time' type is assigned as an input / threshold group within a valuation rule which leads to results of input/threshold groups to be not valuated.
- Circular reference exists within the Time Recording Profile . "Circular reference" means that a time type group is an output group in one rule and there is another rule where it is used as input group and one of the output groups of this rule is an input group of the first rule
- Time Type Group of 'Calculated Time' type is assigned on both result groups (Time Type Group Above/Below) causing issues during the valuation of the rules on the time recording profile
For the specific example provided, the first cause holds true. If a time valuation has input groups or a threshold group of time category 'Calculated Time' and it is assigned to a time recording profile, the values of the input groups or threshold group respectively, must be determined as result groups (time type group above/below) of other valuations also assigned to the time recording profile.
1. Execute Employee Central Check Tool for Time Sheet to identify which configuration in the application needs to be corrected. See KBA 2472648 for additional information on the tool.
2. Correct the relevant configuration per check tool execution results.
In the specific example, the configuration that needs to be corrected is the time type group 'BCDAILYOVRLITO', which was added as an input group to the BC15D82HD12 valuation.
From the time valuation where the calculated time group is associated, remove the type from the input group section and add it as a result group (Time Type Group Above / Below). If compensation overtime and time off in lieu is setup, a new time valuation may also be configured as necessary to valuate the overtime compensation/time off in lieu recorded by employees.
Time Sheet Details should now be shown properly along with the 'Go to Time Sheet' link once all configuration are addressed and fixed.
2472648 - Check Tool: How to Check Employee Central Configuration
Time Sheet, Error, People Profile, Time Off, Go to Time Sheet, Time Management, Time Valuation, Time Recording Profile, Time Type Group, Check Tool , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem