Time Off Alert Email Notification triggered by onPostSave rule is sent twice to workflow participants even before the workflow approval is completed
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central 2.0
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Time Off
- v12 / People Profile (PP3)
Reproducing the Issue
onSave time off workflow rule and onPostSave rules to trigger alerts for corresponding time types are configured on Employee Time Object Definition.
- Worklfows are properly configured and maintained on the time type configuration
- Workflow participants have a valid primary and business email type maintained on their Email Information
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Proxy/login as the employee then request for absence where alerts are configured to be triggered based on certain criteria (i.e. if number of days requested exceeds certain limit, attachment has been added, etc.)
2. After workflow is initiated for the absence, submit the workflow request then check emails sent to the workflow participants defined on the workflow configuration used on the alert rule. Alert email notification is sent twice even before the workflow approval process has been completed.
onPostSave rule is not properly configured as it does include a condition that handles scenario if alert email notification is only to be sent after workflow has been approved
Add a condition on the IF statement of the onPostSave rule to check if the absence workflow approval status is 'Approved'
Please refer to GUIDE : Employee Central Workflows: Implementation and Administration
Time off Workflow Guide : Implementing Employee Central Time Management
Time Off, leave of absence,onPostSave, rule, Alert Email, Email Notification, Duplicate Alert, Workflow, Time Type, Approval Status, Alert sent twice, ECT-84932 , KBA , time off alert , duplicate alert , ect-84932 , alert notification , alert sent twice , configuration issue , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Problem