The purpose of this KBA is to show how to create a year calculation field in Integration Center. This logic can be used to calculate the age of an employee or how much time the employee has been within the company.
Note: the result of this calculation can only be returned as Years or Months, but not as Years + Months together. This is due to Integration Center limitation to only be able to choose one of such date types when creating the calculated field.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Integration Center
You will need to create a "Calculated Field" in the Configure Field section on Integration Center.
The Calculated Field logic should follow these steps:
- Create a Numeric type calculation
- Add value 0 in the "Field Value =" field
- Choose the "Plus Age Calculation"
- Choose the Date of Birth field from PerPerson entity if you want the employee's age, or choose the Hire Date from EmpEmployment entity if you want to calculate how much time the employee has been with the company
- Set the units to Years
- If required, use the Floor operation to truncate off the fractional part of the number
This is the result:
Age, Age Calculation Field, Integration Center Calculation, Calculated Field, company, time, year, how much, calculate, ic, , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC-FWK , Integration Center UI Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To