New Hire Activity assignment not working based on the rule set
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- New Hire Activity has been configured
- As expected based on the rule set under Manage Business rule the new hire activity should trigger for the candidates.
- If the Rule is set based on the Division, Department and Location the rule will not work because of the below mentioned reason.
- The rule based assignment of the processConfiguration:
- When the OnboardingProcess is created, only a few fields of the OnboardingCandidateInfo can be used in the business rule.
- In some cases when the flow the OnboardingCandidateInfo is created via an integration message from KMS (candidatecreated).
- But this message contains only a few fields of the new candidate (HiringManager, HRManager, FirstName, Lastname, HireDate…).
- Division, Department, Location are not available, because these fields are sent with a second integration message (postphv).
- But in BizX we don’t know whether we get a postphv message, because it’s depending on the configuration in KMS.
- Therefore we have to create the OnboardingProcess during the creation of the OnboardingCandidateInfo, so that the above mentioned fields are empty during the evaluation of the business rule.
It’s possible to use division, department and location of the manager instead for these cases as usually manager will be in same division as his New Hire.
New Hire Activity, Business rule for New Hire Activity, Onboarding 1.0 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-NHA , New Hire Activity , Problem