Please Enter a Reference Document Item Type in Opportunity.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to sales work center.
- Choose the view opportunity.
- Find XYZ (XYZ represent opportunity ID)
- Open the opportunity the error 'Please Enter a Reference Document Item Types displayed.
Missing Business Configuration scoping content Sales -> Product and Service Portfolio for Sales -> Sell Standard Products path in the solution scoping
Go to Business configuration work center.
- Choose the Project.
- Edit the project scope.
- Go to scoping step.
- Choose sales view.
- Choose sub view Product and Service Portfolio for Sales.
- Choose Sell Standard Products and select the check box.
- Choose next and finish the scoping.
Please note that the error message will continue for already affected Opportunities because the added product has missing data. if you must reuse existing opportunities, those can be fixed by below steps:
1. Perform the scoping change, which is a pre-requisite for any solution.
2. Delete existing products from the existing opportunities.
3. Re-add the products to the opportunities.
this you could do in mass fashion using Data Workbench with the Opportunity Product object. we would suggest just go with the easier route of using new opportunities.
Cloud For Customer, Opportunity , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem