When you try to display the Reports in Chart Format or when you try to change the Chart type of the Report.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Analytics Work Center.
- Go to Design Reports.
- Try to Open any Standard or Custom report.
- Give the Selection if required.
- Click on Go.
- The Result will be displayed in Table Format.
- Click on Settings Icon in the Top left Corner and Try to choose Chart settings.
- Or try to change the Chart type with the Chart type Icon next to the Settings Icon.
- The Chart type Icon and the Chart settings icon will be grayed out/disabled as seen below in the screenshot..
Not all reports are suitable to be displayed as a Chart. Below mentioned points are reasons why Chart is not possible for a particular report.
- When there is a Characteristic in rows for which Display Hierarchy is Active.
- When the Table Setting Arrange As Hierarchy is Active.
- When there are large amount of data with Multiple Key figures and Characteristics.
- When the Key figures displayed have different Units of Measure.
- When the Key figures are in Rows or Characteristics are in Columns.
- When no Key figure is selected.
- When no Characteristic is selected.
- When minimum number of Key figures are not selected.
This is expected sytem behaviour.
For more details you can refer to the help document in the help center with the title "Chart Settings".
You can also access it via the below link.
Chart Settings, Chart type , Chart , Report , KBA , chart settings in report , change chart type , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To
SAP Cloud for Customer add-ins 1802 ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1711