You have created a custom field in the Cloud Application Studio (SDK). You have opened the UI Designer, and have navigated to a standard screen. You can see there is a UI Anchor, therefore you should be able to add the field to this screen, however you cannot.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Open the UI Designer.
- Navigate to the desired standard screen.
- Open the Extensibility Explorer.
- Select the Add Extension Field to Section Group button.
- You will not see the field you created, therefore cannot add it to this screen even though there is a UI Anchor and required operation for this screen.
This issue can occur when you have added your field to the wrong Business Object or wrong Node in the Cloud Applications Studio.
- Check the XML of the UI Screen in the UI Designer.
- Check what Namespace, Business Object and Node this screen is based on.
- When you are extending an SAP Namespace in the Cloud Applications Studio, you can select a Namespace and then a Business Object in the creation wizard.
- Add the field to the correct Namespace, Business Object and Node, and then return to the UI Designer to add the field to this section.
Please note, if there are no UI Anchors or operations (e.g. "Add Extension Field to Section Group") for the section you are trying to add the field to, then you will need to open an case to SAP Cloud Product Support.
This case will be a PSM (Public Solution Model) request. Please add 'PSM' to the case title, and you can add screenshots of the exact issue you are facing.
For more information, please see section 5.6 in the Cloud Application Studio Help Documentation.
2573967 - Field Creation Failed when Creating Extension Fields
2490905 - Save Query Button is not Visible in the UI of a Custom Screen
PDI, Custom Field, UI Designer, Add Extension Field to Section Group, UI Anchor, Cannot Add Field , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-EXT , ByDesign Studio Extensibility , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , How To