You have changed the status of the supplier ABC to Blocked, however you are still able to enter its ID when creating a Supplier Invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center
- Go to New Invoices Without Purchase Orders
- you will get the below error message
- Ship-from location with ID XYZ blocked
- Party Payee with ID XYZ blocked
- Party Invoicing Party with XYZ blocked
- Party Seller with ID XYZ blocked
This is an expected system behavior. Even setting the status of a supplier as Blocked, the system still allows the users to create documents with inconsistent status.
To prevent the users from creating purchase orders for determined supplier, you need check the box Purchasing Blocked in its master data.
- Go to Supplier Base work center
- Go to Suppliers view
- Select the supplier ABC
- Select the option Edit and then Purchasing
- Check the box Purchasing Blocked
- Save the changes
Now, the users of the system will not be able to post-purchase orders using the supplier ABC.
Note that this change will not prevent the user from entering the supplier when creating a supplier invoice. If the box is checked but the supplier's status is still Active, the supplier invoice can be posted.
To prevent users from posting purchase orders and supplier invoices, you need to change the status of the supplier to Blocked and check the box Purchasing Blocked.
You can also change the status of the supplier to Obsolete.
1687166 - Although the Status of the Business Partner is Blocked or Obsolete, It is still Available for Selection
1720980 - Blocked/Obsolete Suppliers are Still Available in Service Agents but not in Purchase Orders
KBA , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , Problem