It is noticed that SM21, sapcontrol, SAPMMC, and STRUST are not correctly reporting data in their correspondent functions. Some of the possible symptoms are shown below.
- The process sapstartsrv no longer respond to commands. The output is similar as below:
FAIL: NIECONN_BROKEN (Connection reset by peer), NiRawRead failed in plugin_sapfrecv()
It is confirmed that the relevant process is running and correctly bound to http port 5$$13 where $$ stands for the instance number. Still, no luck in getting it respond to any issued commands.
- In the sapstartsrv.log trace file from the target instance, the following entries are written:
Using network access control list for http: <filesystem path to file>
First soap_accept failure
- Another common symptom could be that SAPMMC cannot report the correct status for the processes of a given instance, even though it is confirmed that the application server in question is running fine.
- In transaction SM21, when trying to read the system log for one or a group of instances of an SAP system, the error "No access to instances <instance names> (SOAP:1023" is reported.
- In STRUST, remote instance(including ASCS) PSE couldn't be opened, error message like:
SOAP:1023 SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("SSL handshake with <remote hostname>:5$$14 failed: SSSLRC_CONN_CLOSED (-10)Remote Peer has closed the network connectionSapSSLSessionStartNB()==SSSLRC_CONN_CLOSED")
- SAP NetWeaver
- Startup services
SAP NetWeaver all versions
security, ACL, access control lists, network, connection refused, STRUST, SSSLRC_CONN_CLOSED , KBA , BC-CST-STS , Startup Service , BC-OP-NT , Windows , BC-CCM-MON , CCMS Monitoring & Alerting , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.