When accessing the Development Objective portlet on People Profile, an application error occurs and the portlet keeps loading:
SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
This error message occurs when the user does not have the necessary permissions over the Career Development Plan in the instance.
To correct this issue, it is necessary to grant all the necessary permissions for users to see the Development Objective portlet on People Profile.
The following permissions are required to have this portlet available on People Profile:
- View/Edit Development Objective portlet;
- Career Development Plan (CDP) Access Permission;
- Goal Plan Permissions > "All" or "Others" Development Plan Templates.
When the permissions "View/Edit Development Objective portlet" and "Career Development Plan (CDP) Access Permission" is not granted for users, the Development Objective portlet is not displayed on People Profile.
However, if these two permissions are enabled, but the permission over the Development Plan template is not granted, the application error occurs.
To enable all the necessary permissions, follow below steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles;
- Select the desired permission role;
- Click "Permission";
- In the "Goals" tab, select the option "Goal Plan Permissions" > choose between granting this permission to all the templates in your instance - by selecting the option "All" -, or to specific templates - by selecting the option "Others";
- In the "Career Development Planning" tab, select the option "Career Development Plan (CDP) Access Permission";
- In the "Employee Data" tab, under the "Background" section, select the "view" and/or "edit" option for the "Development Objectives Portlet".
- Click "Done" > "Save Changes".
CDP, development goals, development objectives, error message, portlet not loading, PP3, EP, Employee Profile, People Profile, erroran application error occurred , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-POD , Home Page, Pods and Portlets, To Do List , Problem